Head of Global Business Development, Added Value Payment Solutions
2016 - Present | Located in Melbourne, Australia
Head of Global Business Development
Travelex Currency Select
2008 - 2016 | Located in Melbourne, Australia
- Continued to perform business, partner, product and intellectual property development following Travelex’s acquisition of the Pulse international business and assets from Sonic Communications (see below) in 2008 through to Travelex’s divestment of the Currency Select business and assets to Global Blue Group in April 2016.
- Helped Travelex to divest Currency Select to Global Blue Group.
- Directly involved in all business operations and growth initiatives, including driving new revenue streams from merchants, processors and acquirers globally, through to the present.
- Managed all global business development resources and initiatives.
- Provided Dynamic Currency Conversion and Multi-Currency Processing expertise to internal and external stakeholders (customers, partners).
Director of Product and Business Development
Pulse International Pty Ltd
2001 - 2008 | Located in Melbourne, Australia
- While representing IFS International (see below), established a long-term software licence, maintenance and support deal with Pulse International for IFS’ acquirer transaction processing solutions for card payment authorisation, clearing and settlement.
- Helped to establish and operate a joint venture between Pulse International’s parent (Sonic Communications) and IFS International called IFS Asia Pacific.
- Helped to effect Sonic’s acquisition of IFS International’s global business and assets and establish and operate Sonic Global Solutions as the new branded entity.
- Helped Sonic to divest Sonic Global Solutions’ business and assets to TNS Inc.
- Helped Sonic to divest Pulse International’s business and assets to Travelex Group.
- Directly involved in all business, partner, product and intellectual property development for Pulse International’s suite of merchant and acquirer processing and related services including Pulse’s strategic relationship with Travelex Group.
Regional Manager Oceania
IFS International, Inc.
1998 - 2001 | Located in Melbourne, Australia
- Represented the NASDAQ-listed IFS International in Oceania during and after its acquisition of NCI Inc (see below).
- Developed pipeline for IFS’ acquirer transaction processing solutions and closed two major deals with payments startup ventures in Australia.
- Helped establish a joint venture with Australia’s Sonic Communications to create IFS Asia Pacific to service regional acquirer processing software opportunities.
Regional Manager Asia-Pacific
Network Controls International, Inc.
1996 - 1998 | Located in Melbourne, Australia
- Established representative office to service business opportunities in Asia Pacific (head office based in Charlotte, NC, US).
- Managed product sales to financial institutions in Australia.
- Seeded new business opportunities which closed following IFS International’s acquisition of NCI, Inc.
1994 - 1996 | Located in London, UK
- Designed, built, configured, installed and supported FinTech software solutions for financial institutions, securities / FX traders and IT companies in the UK, Europe and US.
- Lead the development and productisation of “teller assist” cash recycling software integration solution, and supported sales, implementations and channel partner development.
- Developed and implemented a marketing plan with the MD to drive new business in Europe.
Fujitsu Australia Ltd
1987 - 1993 Located in Melbourne, Australia and San Diego, USA
- Designed, built, configured, installed and supported retail delivery, banking and ATM systems and software for major Australian and US financial institutions and retailers.
- Provided product and solutions support for commercial bids, presentations, proposals, workshops and training.
- Lead localisation of global ATM product for Australian marketplace.